Dear Rock Hill Friends,
Good Monday to each of you! Another 168 hours is upon us. Yay!
Yesterday in our worship gathering a group of our leaders shared our “Fall Forecast” about what the fall will look like for us moving forward and maturing as One Body with Many Parts. I encourage you to check out the service on the website asap.
As you watch or listen, look for these highlights:
- Some new ways in which we pray together.
- Hear about our kids ministry. It is growing and they are too!
- The Connections Team is maturing into Hospitality and a Pathways teams. There is a place for you to help us welcome and connect people.
- Check out the awesome new t-shirt – coming this Sunday! You can order one online today and pick it up Sunday. It’s right there on our website home page (for now).
- More ways to serve on Sundays.
- New ways to welcome, connect and equip students!
- CLC’s – where Prayer, Gathering and Scattering meet
- A great training opportunity with the County called CERT
- Fall-Day-All-Day (say it fast!) Oct 29 (with a campout Oct 28)
- Rock Hill R.E.D. and some beginning training opportunities this fall
- CIC’s = Common Interest Communities, ways to share life with friends.
Does it feel like a lot? It’s really not so much, once you spread it out over the semester. Our goal of Fall Forecast is to do a good job communicating to what is ahead. And, we hope you hear the vision and intention behind the plans.
As we envision and make plans, we remind ourselves that plans are only plans. God is the true Planner of our steps. We make our plans, we measure our steps, but in the end, we trust God to direct us.
Yes, another 168 hours is upon us. So we say with the psalmist,
“Teach us, O God, to number our days well, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
See you soon,