As you’ve likely heard if you’ve joined us in our Sunday gatherings, we will be leveraging live-streaming technology to pray together as a community in the coming weeks leading up to Easter Sunday. All you need is your smart phone or computer with internet to participate!
We are excited about this because as pastor Jim spoke about in our OaTH vision series we recently finished, we believe prayer is essential to our identity both as individual disciples and a gathered people of God. We believe this not only keeps us grounded in humility, but gives us direction and guidance to do what he asks of us.
The second reason we’re excited is because we want to do a good job at leveraging and stewarding the tools and the people God has given us. Let’s be real, most in our society are not fond of waking up at 6 a.m. to drive across town and try to focus on praying in an environment that isn’t normal while groggy and thinking about the day ahead.
However, most are pretty accustom to picking up a mobile device and interacting with the world through it, at any time of day, in any place… even while we sit in our pajamas and sip coffee to get going for the day!
There is nothing necessarily more righteous about either method, so why not use the method we know will engage more people in the powerful act of corporate prayer?
So How Do You Join In “Periscope Prayer”?
If you don’t have a smart phone, simply go to RockHillChur.ch/Live in your internet browser to join in each Saturday. You’ll see a little button there that says we’re live when we are, and you can click it!
If you do have a smart-phone though, this will definitely be your most interactive way to join in!
With a mobile device, you can tap the screen to “agree” with what is being said and send little hearts up the screen (you’ll see, it’s cool). You can also type in names or updates for us to pray for that we can all see and join with you in praying for them.
Simply follow these instructions on your mobile device:
- Go to your app store and download the Periscope app.
- Open the app and sign up using either a Twitter account or your phone number. Follow the prompts to set your username.
- Sign in, search and follow Rock Hill Church at @RHClawrence.
- You will be notified with a loud whistle when we go live (as long as you have notifications on in your settings and don’t have us muted specifically — double check that). Tune in and participate from wherever you are, at 7:30 a.m. each Saturday morning!
- Pastor Jim will lead us through what we’re praying for each week along with written prompts on a whiteboard and pauses for individual prayer for these things. You only have to listen, follow along, and talk to Jesus! Not too bad of a deal, huh!?
Visit Help.Periscope.tv for more help and any additional questions! You can also leave them in the comments below if you have something specific and we’ll be glad to help!
Hope to join with you in prayer soon!